This notice describes the personal data we hold and how we collect and process it.
We take the privacy of our clients and those who visit our website (dbuaccounting.co.uk) very
seriously. We only collect and use personal data as described in this policy and as is
consistent with our obligations and your rights under the relevant law.
Summary of changes since previous document version update
– Change of company address throughout the document where mentioned. (From 23 Mapledene Avenue, Hullbridge, Hockley, Essex. SS5 6JB to Kenora Daniels Gate, Long Sutton, Spalding, Lincolnshire. PE12 9DN). This matches the change of company
registered office address held at Companies House.
Information about us and this policy
– “Personal data” means any data that relates to an identifiable person and allows the person to directly or indirectly be identified from that data. This includes data provided to us via this website or as a result of our engagement. Personal data is described in the definitions provided in the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) (EU Regulation 2016/679).
– “We/Us/Our” means DBu Accounting Limited T/A DBu Accounting and Business Solutions, a limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 08285345. The registered office of the company is Kenora Daniels Gate, Long Sutton, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE12 9DN. The company is regulated by the Institute of
Financial Accountants (IFA).
– Our website (dbuaccounting.co.uk) is owned and managed by DBu Accounting Limited T/A DBu Accounting and Business Solutions. In some cases we will link to external websites, or external websites may link to us. We do not have any control over any other website or how it collects or uses personal data.
What type of information we hold
We currently collect and process the following information:
➔ Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
➔ Information about your financial circumstances, including employment status, income and tax liability.
➔ Depending on the services provided to you by DBu Accounting Limited, we may have access to the personal data of your customers or suppliers.
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you to enable us to provide our engaged services to you and your business or make contact with you after receiving contact from you via our website, email, post or by phone. We also receive personal information directly from HMRC when we are engaged as your agent for any services you have engaged us to provide Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for
processing this information are:
➔ Your consent. (You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us in writing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to DBu Accounting Limited, Kenora Daniels Gate, Long Sutton, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE12 9DN.
➔ We have a contractual obligation.
➔ We have a legal obligation.
➔ We have a vital interest.
➔ We need it to perform a public task.
➔ We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to respond to contact you have made with us, provide the services you have engaged us to undertake and comply with our legal obligations (including confirming your identity under Anti Money Laundering legislation).
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored:
➔ at DBu Accounting Limited, Kenora Daniels Gate, Long Sutton, Spalding, Lincolnshire,
➔ on cloud based software, including:
◆ Google G-Suite and Google Analytics
◆ Intuit Quickbooks Online
◆ Anti Money Laundering management software
– If you use our website, we may collect data using cookies to allow us to analyse the usage of our website. You can choose not to provide this data by changing the settings within your internet browser. You can also choose to delete the cookies from your computer or device at any time by using the settings in your device or internet browser.
– If you make contact with us, and do not engage us to provide you with any services, we will delete or dispose of the data provided in that contact within 12 months. If you engage us to provide you or your company with services, we will keep your data:
➔ To provide you with services;
➔ For a period we are required to do so by law.
➔ To support a claim or defence in relation to legal action.
Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”).
By using our website, contacting us or engaging us to provide you or your business with services, you agree to us storing your data outside the EEA. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated with the same level of
security as it would be if held within the UK and under the GDPR.
To protect your data we restrict access to your data, and wherever possible and/or appropriate, encrypt and anonymise your data.
We also take reasonable steps to ensure that all third party data processors are compliant with the GDPR.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com or DBu Accounting Limited, Kenora Daniels Gate, Long Sutton, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE12 9DN if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
Our Data Protection Officer is David Buttle, who can be contacted at the registered office of DBu Accounting Limited T/A DBu Accounting and Business Solutions which is Kenora Daniels Gate, Long Sutton, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE12 9DN, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0333 303 1415.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire. SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113